St. Louis, Mo., Sept. 26, 2019 – A record 2,600-plus attendees enjoyed three full days of learning along with a series of memorable moments at National Information Solutions Cooperative’s (NISC) 2019 Member Information Conference (MIC), held Sept. 23-26 at the America’s Center in St. Louis.
Members, partners and employees enjoyed more than 180 sessions on the latest enhancements to NISC solutions, updates on the technology roadmap and discussions of issues facing the utility and telecom industries. This year, a record number of 69 NISC Members led sessions at the MIC, sharing best practices with fellow attendees.
In addition, more than 40 exhibiting partners and vendors showcased a variety of solutions and services valuable to Member organizations in the Partner Pavilion, the MIC event hub. Also on hand were NISC subject matter experts at NISC’s Consulting Booth and Innovations Lab.
“At the heart of the MIC is learning, and each year is incredibly special as it offers us the opportunity to meet face-to-face and collaborate with the NISC Membership,” said Vern Dosch, NISC president and CEO. “For me, the best memories are the relationships that have formed and how they’ve grown over the years. NISC’s focus is on preserving those relationships and serving the needs of others. If you visit one of our facilities, you’ll see pictures of our Members—linemen, billing clerks, accountants—the people we serve. We do that so our employees never forget who it is that we serve.”
Several activities and happenings detailed below also served as highlights of the 2019 MIC:
- NISC unveiled its refreshed brand to Members and partners. The updated logo, designed by NISC employees, reflects the cooperative’s history, future and valued relationships.
- After 17 years at the helm of NISC, Dosch shared more about his upcoming retirement at the end of 2019, and introduced his successor, Dan Wilbanks, NISC COO and vice president of Research, Development & Quality.
- March to the Arch Charitable Run/Walk – Attendees jumpstarted the event with some exercise as NISC’s leadership team hosted a #CoopStrong run/walk to the St. Louis Arch. The event raised more than $7,000 to be donated to two local charities in the St. Louis area—Crisis Nursery Saint Louis and Birthday Joy. Donations are still being contributed through sales of #CoopStrong T-shirts.
- Let’s Zoo This! – NISC hosted an exclusive event that allowed MIC attendees to explore the St. Louis Zoo in an after-hours, private zoo experience. Included in the activities were a private sea lion show and opportunities to interact with several other animals.
- MICfest at Busch Stadium – Attendees enjoyed an evening of food, fun and music at the magnificent Busch Stadium in downtown St. Louis. Attendees took some cuts in the batting cages, met some Cardinals alumni and danced the night away at a concert by GRAMMY Award-winning country superstar Joe Diffie. The evening came to a close with an incredible firework show for attendees.
Jon Dorenbos, former NFL player, TV personality and world-class magician, capped off the week of learning and fun at the Closing General Session with some magic tricks, along with his riveting story of perseverance and courage.
After being held in St. Louis for more than 40 years, the MIC will be held in Orlando, Fla., in 2020. The conference will then head to Louisville, Ky., in 2021, Nashville, Tenn., in 2022, and Denver in 2023.