Business Analyst (Meter Data Management)Lake Saint Louis, MO
We are looking for an experienced business analyst or data analyst professional to join our growing Utility product (meter data management, customer service, end consumer portal, etc.) management team. In this role you will help us build better products and features that are used by 500 utilities across the US to manage more than 400 billion pieces of data.
This position is responsible for gathering, analyzing, documenting, designing and validating the needs of our customers for product development and enhancements. This role will play the principal part of applying complex tools and algorithms to identify trends and patterns in data and documenting business solutions to be used by the developer, quality assurance specialist, and technical writer in completing their roles in the software development life cycle.
This is an exciting time to join our company and help make a difference in developing technology solutions. If you have a passion for making life easier for consumers using technology especially in the utility industry, we would love to speak with you.
- Develop analytical models to extract key insights from big data sources
- Apply mathematical principles or statistical approaches to solve complex problems in scientific or applied fields
- Be the champion for customer needs and market trends to help drive new functionality.
- Lead voice of customer (VOC) research, present findings to technical and nontechnical groups.
- Monitor industry and consumer changes.
- Improve the efficiency of the software development process and prevent rework whenever possible by researching and writing clear functional requirements for developers so they can understand at the start of a project what is expected to meet the needs of our customers and our business.
- Desire to make great products for NISC and our customers.
- Play an important role in advancing our products to the next level, and be proud when you see your work in use by our customers.
- Establish and maintain trust with a variety of stakeholders, including our customers, internal subject matter experts, and our developers.
- Stretch your creative muscle to brainstorm solutions to problems in a way that respects your stakeholders’ needs and is mindful of potential impacts, now and in the future.
- Collaborate with teams driven to do what is right.
Desired Job Experience:
- Experience with data analysis concepts and techniques.
- Experience with programming or scripting languages.
- Experience with relational and big data databases.
- Familiarity with the utility industry including electric, water and gas strongly desired.
- Familiarity with AMI, SCADA, Smart Grid or IoT Technology.
- Understanding of business/requirements analyst processes and methods.
- Understanding of ETL and data warehousing technologies.
- Understanding of agile software development processes and methods, especially the product owner role.
- Use of JIRA or similar tools
- Employ excellent research, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate superior interviewing skills; be able to ask “Why?” or conduct root cause analysis.
- Be great at facilitating discussions and analyzing complex topics.
- Write clearly and thoughtfully so your documentation can stand on its own merit and be understood.
- Be comfortable voicing your opinion and be able to support it with sound reasoning, but also be open to alternative solutions.
- Strong organizational skills including an ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, establish priorities, meet deadlines and ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Enjoy explaining complex problems in a simple manner.
- Enjoy contributing in a team environment.
Desired Education and/or Certification(s):
- High School diploma or equivalency required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience preferred, Electrical Engineering background a plus
- CBAP, Pragmatic Marketing Certified, or Project Management Professional (not required)
- Minimum 3 years experience in a data analyst, business analyst, or similar role