Software Specialist - SwitchTalk2Mandan, ND; Cedar Rapids, IA
The NISC Professional Services division is looking to fill a position:
- Configuring the SwitchTalk2 application - SwitchTalk2 is NISC's auto-provisioning application, which provides provisioning and auditing capabilities from NISC to various switches, television head ends, access software, and other third party software applications.
This position will work with the member/customer to effectively implement the applications. This includes working with a project manager to manage project timelines, communicating with internal and external individuals of project expectations, and configuring the application via creating or modifying the necessary interface code and applications options. It also includes analyzing the data from the member/customer’s current system to ensure that it is properly converted into the NISC software.
- Performs basic research, design and development of software systems.
- Researches, analyzes, and resolves basic to moderately complex software maintenance.
- Provides superior customer support to internal and external customers in all encounters.
- Conduct implementation analysis
- Identify gaps in features and functionality in software and oversee resolution
- Follows all established software implementation methodologies and procedures
- Performs quality testing as it relates to system integration dependent on the tasks assigned
- Prepare and complete implementation documents
- Utilizes all implementation best practices and artifacts for all implementation projects.
- Assists customers in all aspects of implementation including troubleshooting, training, and on-going support.
- Reviews and prioritizes assigned change requests.
Desired Job Experience:
- Strong customer orientation
- Basic knowledge of Linux and Microsoft Windows.
- Excellent research and problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to interact in a positive manner with internal and external contacts
- Basic programming skills required
- Familiarity with programming concepts such as expect4j, XML, SOAP, REST, etc.
- Familiarity with Application Programming Interfaces (API)
- Familiarity with .XSLT scripting and/or AWK scripting
- Commitment to NISC’s Statement of Shared Values
Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science, MIS, IS, Business Administration, or technical degree
Minimum Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees must be able to see, speak, and hear, to operate computer keyboards or office equipment, and are required to stand, walk, and sit.