Support Specialist - Customer Care & BillingAny NISC location
NISC specializes in developing and deploying enterprise level and customer-facing software solutions for over 700+ utilities and telecoms across North America. Our mission is to deliver technology solutions and services that are Member and Customer focused, quality driven, and valued priced. We exist to serve our members and help them serve their communities through our innovative software products, services, and outstanding customer support.
This position supports our Customer Care and Billing software products.This portion of our software manages everything for the utility from payments, bill calculations, setting up new meters, and managing customer's information. Our support specialists work closely with our members and software engineers to troubleshoot, research, and resolve issues within the software product.
What Our Support Team Does
- Assists members in all aspects of application support including troubleshooting, training, and research
- Follows up on resolutions
- Assist with software release processes
- Communicates with development staff to convey customer feedback
- Performs either on-site or remote training to our members
- Provides after-hours support via an on-call support phone rotation
- Previous customer support experience (providing customer service via phone is helpful)
- Basic knowledge of Project Management processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette and the ability to deal effectively with customers
- Strong PC skills
- Ability to teach others
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Previous experience with presentations or public speaking
Bachelor's degree in a business-related field preferred, or equivalent experience. Minimum high school diploma.