Sr. Android Mobile DeveloperCedar Rapids, IA, United States, Lake St Louis, MO, United States, Mandan, ND, United States, Shawano, WI, United States
National Information Solutions Cooperative (NISC) is an information technology company that develops and supports software and hardware solutions for our Member/Owners who are primarily utility and telecommunications cooperatives and companies across the nation. NISC is an industry leader providing advanced, integrated IT solutions for consumer and subscriber billing, accounting, engineering and operations, as well as many other leading-edge IT solutions. NISC is ranked in ComputerWorld’s Best Places to Work survey for fifteen consecutive years.
NISC is looking for a senior level software engineer who is passionate about delivering awesome mobile app experiences.
- Extensive Android platform knowledge. We are looking for someone who knows how to build awesome native app experiences using Android's core frameworks. You should have experience architecting high-performance apps, with proper concurrency and memory management techniques. A solid knowledge of Android Studio and Gradle for configuring, building and deploying apps is also a plus.
- Knows Kotlin and Java. You should be able to create simple solutions around complex problems using generics, well-known software design patterns, and aren't afraid to dive into the Android NDK runtime to solve a problem.
- Ability to apply software design patterns to solve complex problems. As a member of this team you will create app frameworks that help other team members solve problems faster with fewer bugs.
- Ability and passion for teaching and mentoring. The team has a wide range of experience. As a technical leader on the team, you'll have a lot of opportunities to coach and mentor.
- Zero to sixty. The team is constantly pushing the envelope to bring awesome features to our customers. You should be a technical leader who can take an idea from nothing to a working solution with minimal technical guidance.
- Design and build native applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to research, design and implement new features.
- Research, analyze, and resolve moderately complex customer issues and bugs.
- Unit test and integration test code as needed.
- Follow all established software development methodologies and procedures.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- 6+ years software developer experience
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Strong knowledge and understanding of OO concepts
- Thrives working in a collaborative team environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related.
Minimum Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees must be able to see, speak, and hear, to operate computer keyboards or office equipment, and are required to stand, walk, and sit.