Professional Service Specialist - Operations AnalyticsAny NISC Location or Virtual
National Information Solutions Cooperative (NISC) is an information technology company that develops and supports software and hardware solutions for our Member/Owners who are primarily utility and telecommunications cooperatives and companies across the nation. NISC is an industry leader providing advanced, integrated IT solutions for consumer and subscriber billing, accounting, engineering and operations, as well as many other leading-edge IT solutions. NISC is ranked in ComputerWorld’s Best Places to Work survey for eighteen years and we are looking for qualified individuals to join our Team.
The Professional Service Specialist reports to a Professional Services Team Lead. Works closely with the GIS conversion team and other Engineering & Operations' team members in resolving technical project and software transition issues. The position is responsible for performing NISC Operations Analytics (OA) software implementations for Member/Customers, managing the implementation project, providing application support to customers, validating and verifying the accuracy of the converted data, training personnel on all aspects of the application, answering questions on function and usage of product via the telephone, e-mail, or on-site.
- Perform and coordinate project plans, timelines, and milestones of project implementation.
- Train Members/customers, on software applications usage and best practices.
- Perform validation and verification of accuracy of converted data, gaps in data, features and functionality in software and follow up to resolution.
- Provide application support throughout the project lifecycle.
- Perform basic level conversion analysis.
- Assist in change management best practices at Member/Customer sites.
- Prepare Change Requests (CRs) and follow up through resolution.
- Perform after hours call support as assigned.
- Assist in document preparation.
- Assist in performing project data mapping duties.
- May serve as a subject matter expert.
- Commitment to NISC’s Statement of Shared Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- 3+ years of related experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of Geographic Information Systems and Applications.
- Moderate knowledge of the Electric Utility industry.
- Moderate knowledge of electric distribution concepts.
- Basic knowledge of electric system modeling and analysis concepts.
- Basic knowledge of Project Management processes and theory.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation and training skills.
- Excellent telephone/email etiquette and an ability to deal effectively with Member/Customers.
- Strong research and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to set and manage internal and external Member/Customer expectations.
- Ability to analyze data and draw meaningful business conclusions relevant to Project Management.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and accountability.
- Strong ability to multi task and time manage.
- Strong ability to demonstrate professionalism.
- Moderate level ability to troubleshoot.
- Moderate level understanding of change management best practices.
- Moderate level knowledge of Utility/Telecom software and software integrations.
- Ability to travel as often as necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Scientific or Engineering Discipline from ABET-accredited program, emphasis in Power Engineering preferred.
- Employees in the Engineering and Operations applications must possess a basic knowledge of Geographic Information Systems and Applications.
Other Qualifications/Certifications Preferred:
- SQL and Python scripting knowledge
- Technical Troubleshooting with database queries
- Experience with distribution system load flow software
- EI, PE or ability to earn engineering license