Software DeveloperMandan, ND
Would you like to build a career with a company who stresses the importance of solid relationships and presents a challenging work load? NISC is ranked in ComputerWorld’s Best Places to Work survey for fifteen consecutive years and we are looking for qualified individuals to join our development team.
- Perform basic level software maintenance and enhancements.
- Translate basic level business requirements and design into software development.
- Perform established software development methodologies and procedures.
- Participate in discussions involving software design.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to NISC’s Statement of Shared Values.
Basic level knowledge of business-related software applications and services.
- Basic level knowledge of NISC’s technology stacks.
- Basic level knowledge of the Utility and/or Telecom industries.
- Basic level knowledge of Project Management processes and theory.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic telephone/email etiquette and an ability to deal effectively with internal or external customers.
- Excellent ability to demonstrate initiative and accountability.
- Excellent research and problem-solving skills.
- Possess a strong attention to detail.
- Basic level ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to travel as often as necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the position.
NISC’s Shared Values & Competencies:
- Integrity – We are committed to doing the right thing – always.
- Relationships – We are committed to building and preserving lasting relationships.
- Innovation – We promote the spirit of creativity and champion new ideas.
- Teamwork – We exemplify the cooperative spirit by working together.
- Empowerment – We believe individuals have the power to make a difference.
- Personal Development – We believe the free exchange of knowledge and information is absolutely necessary to the success of each individual and the organization.
Bachelor’s Degree in a computer science-related field or equivalent experience.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees must be able to see, speak, and hear, to operate computer keyboards or office equipment, and are required to stand, walk, and sit.
Management may modify this job description by assigning or reassigning duties and responsibilities at any time.