Software DeveloperLake St. Louis, MO
NISC is always seeking out talented software developers & engineers that are motivated, enjoy working with others and solving complex challenges. NISC specializes in developing and deploying enterprise level and customer facing software solutions for over 800+ utilities and telecoms across North America. Our mission is to deliver information technology solutions and services that are Member and Customer focused, quality driven and valued priced.
Whether you're a full stack engineer or have preferences in certain areas of development we do it all. NISC's core business is developing software - it's who we are. So if you like iOS or Android, great! If you prefer backend over front end, awesome! Server side to client side, web apps to desktop just apply here and we'll take the conversation from there. Keep reading!
- Perform software maintenance and enhancements.
- Translate business requirements and design into software development.
- Perform established software development methodologies and procedures.
- Participate in discussions involving software development & design – including code reviews and pair programming.
- Identify opportunities to continuously learn and stay up to date on the newest technologies
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Fluent in an object-oriented language.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic telephone/email etiquette and an ability to deal effectively with internal or external customers.
- Excellent ability to demonstrate initiative and accountability.
- Excellent research and problem-solving skills.
- Possess a strong attention to detail.
- Basic level ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to travel as often as necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the position.
- Commitment to NISC’s Statement of Shared Values.
- High School Diploma or equivalency required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science-related field or equivalent experience preferred.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees must be able to see, speak, and hear, to operate computer keyboards or office equipment, and are required to stand, walk, and sit.