Android Mobile DeveloperAny NISC Location
National Information Solutions Cooperative (NISC) is an information technology company that develops and supports software and hardware solutions for our Member/Owners who are primarily utility and telecommunications cooperatives and companies across the nation. NISC is an industry leader providing advanced, integrated IT solutions for consumer and subscriber billing, accounting, engineering and operations, as well as many other leading-edge IT solutions. NISC is ranked in ComputerWorld’s Best Places to Work survey for fifteen consecutive years.
NISC is looking for passionate Android Mobile Developers to add to our team and push our native applications to their fullest potential. This application developer will work with our talented software engineers to design, build and evolve our mobile application suite. This position will work closely with our product, quality assurance and support staff to ensure quality and functionality requirements are met.
- Design and build native applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to research, design and implement new features.
- Research, analyze, and resolve moderately complex customer issues and bugs.
- Unit test and integration test code as needed.
- Follow all established software development methodologies and procedures.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years industry experience
- Extensive Java Experience
- Strong understanding of Android development environment, tools and best practices
- Strong understanding of Computer Science concepts
- Ability to work within a team with mixed levels of engineers
- Strong design skills and understanding of OO concepts
- Strong knowledge/understanding of multithreading
- Experience in leadership or mentoring roles a plus
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related.
Minimum Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees must be able to see, speak, and hear, to operate computer keyboards or office equipment, and are required to stand, walk, and sit.