Sr. User Experience DesignerLake St. Louis, MO
NISC specializes in developing and deploying enterprise level and customer-facing software solutions for over 850+ utilities and telecoms across North America. Our mission is to deliver technology solutions and services that are Member and Customer focused, quality driven, and valued priced. We exist to serve our members and help them serve their communities through our innovative software products, services, and outstanding customer support.
NISC is looking for a highly motivated and collaborative individual to join our User Experience team. In this role, you will be responsible for gaining deep insight into our users' behaviors and needs through user research and product discovery, as well as identifying and communicating opportunities for innovation and differentiation in line with the strategic vision for our products. You will also be responsible for designing the behavior, interactions and visual interface of new product features and improving the usability and design of existing product features. This role will frequently be tasked with solving complex design challenges and presenting recommendations that focus on a superior customer experience. You will be working on a range of interfaces including desktop, web, mobile, responsive design, voice and augmented reality. If you have a deep passion for improving the UX experience for our customers that goes beyond aesthetics, this may be the role for you.
- Conduct quantitative in-person and remote usability testing to understand effectiveness and efficiency of interfaces and satisfaction of users.
- Analyze user study data, present findings to stakeholders and make recommendations for resolution of identified issues for projects of medium complexity.
- Apply user-centered design principles to the creation of interface design for projects of medium complexity.
- Prototype at a variety of fidelities as required by the project. Axure RP high level skills.
- Participate in UX team led workshops, training and structured research opportunities as required.
- Participate in internal CRB boards as a representative of the UX team. Coordinate with the team on research and/or design efforts needed on change requests.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- 5-8 years of usability testing, Axure RP, or similar related experience.
- Moderate level of understanding and familiarity with the principles of interface, interaction and visual design of web and mobile interfaces.
- Moderate understanding of human behavior and interactions with digital devices and media and uncovering user needs and opportunities.
- Moderate knowledge in a variety of methods such as storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
- Moderate knowledge of Project Management processes and theory.
- Superior interviewing skills with the ability to ascertain essential requirements information.
- Advanced listening skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent research, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences through requirements and design documents.
- Self-motivated with the ability to organize and coordinate work within schedule constraints and handle emergent requirements in a timely manner.
- Ability to receive and deliver constructive feedback.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in multiple development methodologies as well as within a team.
- Ability to define new approaches to complex design problems and convey solutions in the form of presentations, click through prototypes and design specifications.
- Moderate knowledge of the Rural Electric and Telecommunications industries.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Commitment to NISC’s Statement of Shared Values.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees must be able to see, speak, and hear, to operate computer keyboards or office equipment, and are required to stand, walk, and sit.