Automated Mailroom OperatorLake St. Louis, MO
About This Job
Mailroom operators run machines that insert utility bills for our Members and process all necessary paperwork to make sure our member's end customers receive their utility and telecom bills, newsletters, and other mailers in a timely manner. Mailroom staff works in a climate controlled warehouse setting.
Applicants must be willing and able to work a 2nd or 3rd shift after initial training. Initial training will be on 1st shift for 3 months - could be longer depending on training schedules.
What you will do as a Mailroom Operator at NISC:
- Pack goods, reports, etc. and use PC with mailing machine and electronic scale to produce mailing labels and packing slips for shipments, check rates, etc. and perform daily and weekly backups, as required.
- Maintain adequate levels of supplies needed for production such as trays, sleeves and carts.
- Clean mailroom and shipping area as required insuring quality control.
- Coordinate with various vendors to repair shipping equipment.
- Ship packages using the shipping system.
- Process reports.
- Uses scale, postage meter and printers
- Operate inserting equipment
- Process paperwork for mailings.
- Use cutter to process 8.5 x 14 paper.
- Assisting in the use of Strapping Equipment, including changing rolls.
- Assisting in the use of the Shrink Wrap Machine for wrapping skids.
- Use FORMAX check folder/sealer.
You must be comfortable operating and navigating a computer. Our mailroom operators interact positively with internal and external contacts, and are able to work within a team, as well as on their own if necessary. Candidates must possess a strong attention to detail, and be available for 2nd or 3rd shift hours.
High school degree or equivalent.