Professional Service Specialist - GISLake St. Louis, MO
National Information Solutions Cooperative (NISC) is an information technology company that develops and supports software and hardware solutions for our Member/Owners who are primarily utility and telecommunications cooperatives and companies across the nation. NISC is an industry leader providing advanced, integrated IT solutions for consumer and subscriber billing, accounting, engineering and operations, as well as many other leading-edge IT solutions. NISC is ranked in ComputerWorld’s Best Places to Work survey for fourteen consecutive years and we are looking for qualified individuals to join our Team.
The Professional Service Specialist (Software Implementations) reports to a Professional Services Team Lead. Works closely with the GIS conversion team and other Engineering & Operations' team members in resolving technical project and software transition issues. The position is responsible for performing NISC GIS software implementations for Member/Customers, managing the implementation project, providing application support to customers, validating and verifying the accuracy of the converted data, training personnel on all aspects of the application, answering questions on function and usage of product via the telephone, e-mail, or on-site.
- Provides superior customer support to internal and external customers in all encounters
- Conduct conversion analysis of GIS and engineering model data
- Determine expectations and timelines of the Member’s conversion process.
- Prepare and monitor the Project Plan.
- Identify gaps in features and functionality in software and oversee resolution.
- Identify changes required for conversion of data.
- Complete and prepare conversion documents.
- Reconcile converted totals and month-end balancing.
- Oversee the standardization of artifacts used in the Project Plan
- Add and enhance artifacts with team lead’s assistance.
- Assist in document preparation.
- Communicate with all parties involved in the enterprise implementation
- Compiles and analyzes business requirements and evaluates Member/Customers’ operational processes to prepare for software application conversions, migrations, and/or new implementations.
- Designs and implements system set-up configurations for Member/Customers performing independently and proficiently.
- Designs and delivers training to the Member employees to prepare for “live” week.
- Utilizes all implementation best practices and artifacts for all implementation projects.
- Assists customers in all aspects of implementation including troubleshooting, training, and on-going support
- Prepares Change Requests (CRs) and follow-up to resolution.
- Performs research of difficult application problems, resolves issues for Member/Customers and recommends changes or enhancements as directed.
- Facilitate and follow up with Member/Customers on difficult requests and procedures.
- Gather, maintains and audits Member information in the configuration database.
- Utilizes all support tools as directed.
- Conveys customer feedback to product development staff as appropriate.
- Perform on-site training or deliver remote application training to Member/Customers via Web Tools.
- Provides after hours support.
- May prepare materials and deliver National IT Learning Center classes.
- May prepare materials and deliver Member information Conference (MIC) sessions.
- May be called upon to assist in other implementation areas.
- May be called upon to participate on design teams.
- May be called upon to participate in testing of new product development or enhancements.
- Will be required to travel to customer sites as often as necessary to meet the business objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Job Experience
- Generally requires 3-5 years of product usage or support/implementation
experience either at NISC or similar related experience.
- Basic knowledge of NISC's products’ features and functionality.
- Basic knowledge of other integrated Utility industry applications and
- Basic knowledge of Project Management processes and theory.
- Basic knowledge of Service Level Management (SLM) best practices.
- Basic knowledge of the Utility industry.
- Familiarity with the Utility or Telecom industry, including the
operations and business requirements.
- Familiarity with other integrated applications and services.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and training skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette and an ability to deal effectively with
- Excellent research and problem solving skills with a strong attention
- Strong PC skills.
- Ability to effectively lead, influence and teach others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner with internal and external
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to travel as often as necessary to meet the goals and
objectives of the position.
- Commitment to NISC’s Statement of Shared Values.
Desired Education and/or Certification(s):
- High School diploma or equivalency required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience preferred
Minimum Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees must be able to see, speak, and hear, to operate computer keyboards or office equipment, and are required to stand, walk, and sit.