Database Conversion ProgrammerAny NISC Location
Would you like to build a career with a company who stresses the importance of solid relationships and presents a challenging work load? NISC is ranked in ComputerWorld’s Best Places to Work survey for fifteen consecutive years and we are looking for qualified individuals to join our conversion programming team. Become part of a team that will help enhance your skills to quickly become a productive contributor by utilizing technologies such as Oracle, or other relational databases, SQL, ETL Tools, Unix, Microsoft Windows, and/or Progress.
This position collaborates with other software and systems engineers and will gain the knowledge to effectively manage data conversion projects.
- data analysis
- development of conversion programs
- convert data into our IVUE Software
- reconcile converted data
Learn about the commitment NISC makes to the implementation process here.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Important skills include the ability to embrace ever-changing technology and a fast paced environment, evaluate and prioritize customer requests, and exercise strong decision-making. Must possess excellent communication skills, display positive outlook, and adopt NISC Shared Values: Integrity, Relationships, Innovation, Teamwork, Empowerment, and Personal Development.
- Experience in information systems or computer-related field.
- Knowledge of procedural languages, XML and SQL.
- Working knowledge in Linux and Microsoft Windows.
- Familiarity with operational processes and technical needs of Customers.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to quality processes and detailed work.
- Commitment to NISC's Statement of Shared Values
Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related field, or equivalent.
Minimum Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees must be able to see, speak, and hear, to operate computer keyboards or office equipment, and are required to stand, walk, and sit.