RecruiterLake St. Louis, MO
What is the role of a Recruiter at NISC?
As a key member of the Talent Acquisition team, the Recruiter focuses primarily on identifying and attracting top talent to NISC. You will proactively, creatively and independently research, evaluate and identify the most effective methods of recruitment and the best sources of candidates for NISC positions. You will manage the entire recruiting life cycle from posting jobs and sourcing candidates to managing the interview process and facilitating employment offers. In addition, you'll regularly conduct research to: identify relevant market and industry trends affecting the candidate pipeline, gain competitive intelligence, and assist the Talent Acquisition team to remain apprised of market forces impacting compensation, benefits, and other matters that may influence candidate preferences.
Keys to success:
- Establish relationships and networks with candidate referral sources, including those with college and university faculty career offices.
- Research and effectively attend campus career fairs, as well as professional job fairs.
- Actively and strategically market the organization and assist in the deployment of all communications materials.
- Establish strong rapport and work closely with hiring managers to understand NISC positions and anticipate future staffing needs of the organization.
- Build entry-level applicant sources through various sourcing pipelines.
- Utilize HRIS (Epicor) system proficiently to hire candidates and manage personnel files.
- Utilize Greenhouse applicant tracking system to update positions and job descriptions, sort resumes, set interview plans and respond to candidates.
- Guide hiring managers at all stages of the hiring process, including the development of job descriptions, review of resumes, development of interview questions, scheduling of interviews, the extension of employment offers, and negotiation of terms of employment.
- Assist in the development of recruitment materials and maintain NISC social media/career sites.
- Identify new and creative ways to market NISC and to reach new candidates, including engaging current NISC employees to participate in conferences, user groups, meet ups, socials, community activities, and career events sponsored by local high schools or state or local government agencies.
- In addition to performing recruiting duties, the Recruiter serves as a member of the People Services team and acts as back up to the team, performing general HR-related duties.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Basic understanding of the recruiting life cycle.
- Experience managing relationships with external and internal clients, from university officials to management teams.
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for computer-related technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work and make decisions independently.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills needed.
- Ability to think critically and provide candidates unique selling points to effectively increase the likelihood of employment offers being accepted.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and maintain high professionalism.
- Willingness to travel within MO, IA, and surrounding states, with occasional overnight stays.
- Commitment to NISC’s Statement of Shared Values.
- A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field required