Intern - Technical ServicesMandan, ND
Reports to the Technical Services Team. Individual will be responsible for providing IT system and application support to NISC customers via phone and e-mail. This position is up to 40 hours per week summer internship extending from May 2018 through August 2018.
- Provide customer phone support as part of an ACD (Automatic Call Distribution) environment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve Windows desktop operating system issues, including:
- Join PCs to Windows domains.
- Install and troubleshoot NISC software on customer PCs.
- Virus and/or spyware removal.
- Utilize remote connectivity tools such as Remote Desktop or WebEx to assist with support items.
- Create and test printers on Windows and Linux servers
- Monitor Windows and Linux servers via Xymon monitoring tools.
- Log and develop action plans for support issues identified by Xymon.
Desired Job Experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong customer orientation.
- Related coursework and general understanding of Windows desktop operating systems.
- Related coursework and general understanding of Linux and Windows servers and operating systems.
- Related coursework and general understanding of TCP/IP networks
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively adapt to change.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to convey technical solutions to both technical and non-technical users.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism, ethical behavior, and confidentiality.
- Commitment to NISC's Statement of Shared Values.
Desired Education and/or Certification(s):
Working towards the completion of an Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field.
Employees must be able to lift up to 30 pounds as well as be able to see, speak, and hear, to operate computer keyboards or office equipment, and are required to stand, walk, and sit.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.