Technical Support SpecialistLake St. Louis, MO, Mandan, ND, Shawano, WI
This position is an exciting opportunity to be a problem solver on our Technical Systems Support Team, providing quality IT support to NISC customers nationwide in a team environment. The technical emphasis of this position is supporting and managing NISC customer systems in a Windows Server and Linux Server environment.
- Provide quality customer support as part of the Technical Systems Support Team as follows:
- ACD (Automatic Call Distribution) environment.
- Items assigned to the Tech Call Center via NISC contact tracking system, customer monitoring dashboard, NISC Community requests, chat, and direct e-mail.
- On-call, after-hours rotation on evenings and weekends. Rotation is approximately 1 out of 16 weeks.
- Provide problem resolution for the following technologies:
- Intel based hardware with emphasis on Dell hardware.
- Linux operating system with emphasis on SUSE Enterprise Linux.
- Virtualization technologies with emphasis on VMware and HyperV.
- Windows operating systems including Windows Server 2012, Windows 10, Terminal Services, and Active Directory.
- Mobile applications running on IOS and Android devices.
- Network connectivity as it pertains to Cloud applications.
- Provide problem resolution for customer application issues and areas such as backups, restores, error messages, printers, security, system integration, and NISC applications.
- Trains customers on system management tools that are distributed with NISC customer systems.
Desired Job Experience:
- Excellent knowledge in the setup and support of Dell Intel based hardware.
- Excellent knowledge in the setup and support of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Excellent knowledge of supporting hardware and applications in a remote environment, utilizing tools such as WebEx, VPN clients, and Dell Remote Access Cards (DRAC).
- Working knowledge of supporting custom applications at a customer site and in a hosted environment.
- Working knowledge of Virtual Private Networks (VPN), firewalls, TCP/IP networks and network security.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively adapt to change.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism, ethical behavior, and confidentiality.
- Commitment to NISC's Statement of Shared Values.
Desired Education and/or Certification(s):
- High School diploma or equivalency required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computer-related field or equivalent experience preferred
- Technical Certification preferred