Support Specialist - Outage Management SytemsLake St. Louis, MO
About This Job
NISC specializes in developing and deploying software solutions for over 700+ utilities and telecoms across North America. We exist to serve our members and help them serve their communities through our innovative software products, services, and outstanding customer support.
This opening in our Engineering & Operations area will support NISC’s Outage Management System (OMS) software product. OMS ensures that our members are able to respond quickly and efficiently to both minor and severe outage situations. Our support specialists work closely with our members and software engineers to troubleshoot, research, and resolve issues within the software product.
What you will do as a Support Specialist
- Assist members in all aspects of application support for NISC’s Outage Management System (OMS) products, including troubleshooting, training, and research via phone, email, or chat
- Follow up on resolutions and serve as a liaison between our members and our software engineers
- Assist with software release processes and may be called upon to test the software or give feedback on the software design
- Communicate with development staff to convey customer feedback
- Perform either on-site or remote training to our members and prepare training materials. Travel may occasionally be required.
- Provide after-hours support via an on-call support phone rotation
- Utilize any electrical power engineering and/or Geographical Information System skills
Candidates with knowledge of power systems and GIS mapping experience are strongly preferred for this position. Our Support Specialists have previous customer support experience. Providing customer service via phone is helpful. NISC’s Support teams display excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to develop relationships and support our members, the ability to teach others, and the ability to work in a team and also independently. If you have previous experience with presentations or public speaking, that’s a plus!
Other desired qualifications
Experience in database management and SQL queries.
Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent required. Degree in business or technical field preferred.