Product Manager - Business Intelligence (Mosaic)Mandan, ND; Lake St. Louis, MO
This leadership position is responsible for managing the product lifecycle of NISC’s Business Intelligence tool, Mosaic. This position supports the product management functionalities at NISC and works closely with customers, development teams, support and professional services. This position will work closely to further enhance NISC’s Business Intelligence offering and capabilities with mid-sized utilities and telecoms by working closely with customers, understanding future market needs, and creating a product vision for the future.
- Be product owner and drive the product road map for NISC's Business Intelligence system.
- Work closely with development teams to enhance existing functionality.
- Champion customer needs and market trends to help drive new functionality.
- Desire to make NISC’s BI system a market leader.
- 5+ years of domain experience working with the enterprise software applications used by mid-sized utilities and/or telecom providers – customer care, financials, and operational applications
- Experience defining requirements and priorities that can be addressed with contemporary Business Intelligence platforms .
- Gathering and defining business processes and functional requirements.
- Maintaining the roadmap for product.
- Coordinate with SMEs to define functional requirements
- Managing current product priorities based on input from a number of stakeholders:
- Customers - ongoing dialog based on feedback using the product, and identifying new high impact visualilzations
- Support – improving satisfaction of current members and reducing cost-to-serve.
- Professional Services – ensuring successful delivery of functional requirements where obligated.
- Sales – meeting the needs of future customers and market initiatives.
- Interacting with strategic partners on joint-development initiatives.
- Develop business cases related to new development opportunities.
- Ensuring user documentation is updated and maintained.
- Provide superior customer support to internal and external customers in all encounters.
- Acts as a facilitator and mediator when meeting with all departments to implement the most efficient business processes.
- Understanding of data access methods such as API’s, web service calls, etc.
- Superior verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Enjoy explaining complex problems in a simple manner
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and critical deadlines.
- Work independently
- Ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism, ethical behavior, and confidentiality.
- Commitment to NISC's Statement of Shared Values.
Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience required.