Sales & Operations SpecialistAny NISC Location
This position reports to the Sales & Operations Team Lead and has a high level of interaction with NISC’s key stakeholders and departments, including the outside sales team, product line managers (PLMs), Implementation team leads, and Solution Specialists (SS). Although the primary responsibility is to generate proposals, contracts, and pricing related content, the bulk of the work entails extensive fact finding, critical thinking, and collaboration to ensure the proposals generated meet both the expectations of the customer as well as NISC. Requirements include the ability to manage complex projects, effective problem solving skills and excellent writing skills to communicate custom terms and conditions negotiated during the sales cycle.
- Work closely to assist the outside sales team by providing proposals, pricing, and high level product information.
- Improve the efficiency of the sales operations proposal and contract process by improving and/or developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Actively manage complex projects and new initiatives.
- Become the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for pricing and pricing dependencies.
- Capture and effectively communicate special terms and conditions in writing to be incorporated into the proposal and contract process.
- Collaborate and build excellent relationships with the key stakeholders in other departments and teams critical to the success of the professional services to be proposed to ensure the sales process aligns to meet both NISC’s and the Customers expectations.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Job Skills and Experience
- Inside sales related experience – proposal generation, RFP responses, etc.
- Understanding Miller-Heiman and other industry standard sales related methodologies
- Creative writing or proposal writing experience
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Proficiency in SalesForce CRM a plus
- Employ excellent research, critical thinking and problem solving skills with excellent attention to details.
- Work independently
- Work under tight deadlines
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of the Rural Electric industry a plus.
- Commitment to NISC’s Statement of Shared Values.
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Strong telephone etiquette and an ability to deal effectively with Members.
- Strong research and problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a large work volume.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experienced required
Management may modify this job description by assigning or reassigning duties or responsibilities at any time.