Network Engineer - Cloud InfrastructureMandan, ND
- Monitor network for issues and outages to help maximize the performance and uptime of the network.
- Secures network by enforcing policies and defining access based on job role requirements to maintain compliance.
- Assist in designing a highly available network infrastructure to meet SLA requirements.
- Work with team on securing the network from the edge to the data center.
- Research/Design network solutions to meet business needs and requirements.
- Review/Audit of network security policies to help minimize vulnerabilities and attack vectors.
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to translate business needs into technical specifications and vice versa
- Great Organizational skills to help with prioritizing tasks.
- Commitment to keeping up to date with the latest developments in information technology and networking.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar.
- Familiarity with Systems: Linux, Unix, Windows
- Knowledge of Networking Services/Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, ARP, NTP, SMTP, OSPF, BGP, VRRP, IPSEC tunnels, SNMP
- Experience with the following vendors is a plus: Palo Alto Networks, SonicWALL, Extreme Networks, Arista Networks
- on-call support rotation on evenings and weekends.
- VPN setup and troubleshooting
- Commitment to NISC's Statement of Shared Values
Desired Education and/or Certification(s):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar.
Industry recognized certification such as CCNA, ENA, ENS, CSSA or CSSP is a plus
Minimum Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.