Intern - Software Development (Capturis)Mandan, ND
Capturis™, an NISC® company, provides multi-site organizations with a utility information management service. Capturis processes and pays utility bills for organizations with multiple sites prioritized by due date. By adopting the First Due, First Through® standard, Capturis achieves a higher level of on-time payments, thus reducing late fees and the potential for disconnection of service. Capturis also gathers the necessary energy information needed to make sound business decisions in a powerful, user-friendly database-reporting tool available online. At Capturis, our primary concern is paying utility bills timely and accurately.
This position reports to a Software Engineering team lead. Collaborates with other software developers and systems engineers. May work with support staff assigned to design business requirements and with quality assurance personnel. This position is responsible for software development and assisting with the maintenance of NISC/Capturis software applications.
**Current applications submitted will be under consideration for Summer 2020**
- Performs basic research, design and development of software systems.
- Researches, analyzes, and resolves basic software maintenance.
- Assists in the enhancement and/or maintenance of application programs in the following business areas within RDQ: CIS (Consumer Information Systems), SIS, (Subscriber Information Systems), ABS (Accounting and Business Solutions) and Engineering in either the Utility or Telecom industry.
- Follows all established software development methodologies and procedures.
- Performs quality testing as it relates to both unit and system integration dependent on the tasks assigned.
- Reviews and prioritizes assigned change requests.
- Ensures that all information is appropriately entered and utilized in the iVUE Support tool.
Desired Job Experience:
- Strong customer orientation.
- Familiarity with Java, J2EE architecture, EJB, RMI, JDBC, HTML, JSP, XML, SQL, and enterprise design patterns.
- Familiarity with Oracle and/or Progress databases.
- Familiarity with Linux and Microsoft Windows.
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively adapt to change.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism, ethical behavior, and confidentiality.
- Commitment to NISC's Statement of Shared Values.
Desired Education and/or Certification(s):
- High School diploma or equivalency required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience preferred
More About NISC:
National Information Solutions Cooperative (NISC) is an information technology company that develops and supports software and hardware solutions for our Member/Owners who are primarily utility and telecommunications cooperatives and companies across the nation. NISC is an industry leader providing advanced, integrated IT solutions for consumer and subscriber billing, accounting, engineering and operations, as well as many other leading-edge IT solutions. NISC is ranked in ComputerWorld’s Best Places to Work survey for fifteen consecutive years and we are looking for qualified individuals to join our Team.