GIS Technical SpecialistLake St. Louis, MO
Would you like to build a career with a company who stresses the importance of solid relationships and presents a challenging work load? NISC (National Information Solutions Cooperative) is ranked in ComputerWorld’s Best Places to Work survey for fifteen consecutive years and we are looking for qualified individuals to join our team.
NISC is an information technology company that develops and supports software and hardware solutions for our Member/Owners who are primarily utility and telecommunications cooperatives and companies across the nation. NISC is an industry leader providing advanced, integrated IT solutions for consumer and subscriber billing, accounting, engineering and operations, as well as many other leading-edge IT solutions.)
This opening is on our GIS production team. The team collaborates with the GIS support team, and works with Members across the country who are using our mapping products and other GIS systems. The team produces maps for our Members while ensuring quality control on mapping projects and that the specifications of the customer's requests have been met. Having the right tools is key to an efficient work flow. We empower our Members with maps at everyone’s fingertips. NISC’s GIS allows our Members to capture, manage, analyze, and display their data across the organization.
- Edit and maintain GIS datasets for internal and external customers including, but not limited to; layers, fields, domains, geometric networks, and associated attributes and assets.
- Produce high-quality GIS maps (digital and hard copy) that successfully communicate geographic information by creating and setting up map document (.mxd) files for use in GIS including, but not limited to; symbology, table joins and labeling.
- Adhere to set schedule, tracking and monitoring GIS projects to ensure start time and deadlines are met, keeping all stakeholders informed.
- Initiate regular quality control checks of GIS Data to ensure data integrity and accuracy rectifying and documenting issues.
- Ability to travel as often as necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Job Experience:
- Basic knowledge of business related software applications and services.
- Working knowledge of:
○ ArcGIS Desktop
- Basic understanding of:
- Cartographic and graphic design principles to be able to think of color, symbology, fonts, etc.
- Basic knowledge of the Utility and/or Telecom industries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent telephone/email etiquette and an ability to deal effectively with Member/Customers.
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Basic research and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi task and time manage.
- Commitment to NISC’s Statement of Shared Values.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, Geoscience, Cartography, GIS or equivalent experience
Minimum Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees must be able to see, speak, and hear, to operate computer keyboards or office equipment, and are required to stand, walk, and sit.