Support Specialist - Mapwise Mapping System (GIS)Lake St. Louis, MO
About This Job
This opening in our Engineering & Operations area will support NISC’s Mapwise software products focused on NISC’s mapping solutions. Our mapping products empower field technicians to easily update maps, staking sheets, and conduct equipment and location maintenance from a single interface. Our support specialists work closely with our members and software engineers to troubleshoot, research, and resolve issues within the software product.
What you will do as a Support Specialist
- Assist members in all aspects of application support for NISC’s Mapwise products including troubleshooting, training, and research via phone, email, or chat
- Follow up on resolutions and serve as a liaison between our members and our software engineers
- Assist with software release processes and may be called upon to test the software or give feedback on the software design
- Communicate with development staff to convey customer feedback
- Perform either on-site or remote training to our members and prepare training materials. Travel may occasionally be required.
- Provide after-hours support via an on-call support phone rotation
- Utilize your ArcGIS server/software skills
Candidates with knowledge of ArcGIS and mapping experience are strongly preferred for this position. Our Support Specialists have previous customer support experience. Providing customer service via phone is helpful. NISC’s Support teams display excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to develop relationships and support our members, the ability to teach others, and the ability to work in a team and also independently. If you have previous experience with presentations or public speaking, that’s a plus!
Other desired qualifications
Experience in Geographical Information Systems strongly preferred.
Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent required. Degree in business or technical field preferred.
More about NISC
NISC specializes in developing and deploying software solutions for over 700+ utilities and telecoms across North America. We exist to serve our members and help them serve their communities through our innovative software products, services, and outstanding customer support.