Professional Services Specialist - Multi SpeakLake St. Louis, MO
This position reports to a support team lead, has a high level of customer interaction and works closely with the support team and team’s software engineers in resolving issues with NISC’s mapping software. You are responsible for providing service, facilitating and following up with customers for receiving approvals for custom programming requests, assisting with software releases, review and audit configuration database data, follow up communications on change requests and assisting with special projects via the telephone and e-mail supporting NISC Member/Customers in their use of NISC’s applications.
- Provides superior phone/email/chat technical support for proprietary software products as well as performing software/hardware maintenance, software/hardware installation and/or software/hardware upgrades as required
- Promptly and courteously answers support related issues from our customers by expressing excellent phone etiquette, verbal skills, written skills, organizational skills, and presentation skills to non-technical users
- Analyzes problems thoroughly in order to have the ability to develop creative solutions as well as identify root cause and trends
- Understanding video drivers, anti-virus software, environment variables, folder/user permissions, ArcGIS server/software, SQL Express knowledge, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, and SQL queries.
- Will often have to multi-task with excellent attention to detail and consistent follow-through on commitments.
- May develop and deliver internal and external trainings.
- May be called upon to assist in other support areas.
- May be called upon to participate on design teams regarding application enhancements.
- May be called upon to participate in testing of new product development or enhancements.
- May be required to travel to customer sites.
- Some after hours support will be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Generally requires 2-5 years of product usage or support experience either at NISC or similar related experience.
- Knowledge troubleshooting issues with software through network connections, software functionality, and hosted services.
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot hardware including updating video drivers and registries, isolating environment variables, and working through anti-virus exceptions.
- Basic knowledge around software testing and troubleshooting to identify and document defects and bugs within software.
- Basic knowledge of NISC's products’ features and functionality.
- Basic knowledge of other integrated industry applications and services.
- Basic knowledge of Project Management processes and theory.
- Basic knowledge of Service Level Management (SLM) best practices.
- Basic knowledge of the Utility or Telecom industry.
- Familiarity with other integrated applications and services.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and training skills.
- Excellent telephone etiquette and an ability to deal effectively with Member/Customers.
- Excellent research and problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong PC skills.
- Ability to effectively lead, influence and teach others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to travel as often as necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the position.
Desired Education and/or Certification(s):
High School diploma or equivalency required
Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience preferred