Project Lead - Engineering & OperationsLake St. Louis, MO
The Engineering & Operations (E&O) Project Lead will have an advanced understanding of executing and implementing all NISC's Engineering & Operations software and applications. You will serve as the point of contact for all E&O projects or programs until handed off to support and will ensure timely and accurate completion of assigned duties and responsibilities of the team members to meet the project and executive leadership expectations. You are also responsible for communication, project integration, scope, time, costs and quality as well as communicating the status, risks and issues associated with each to the correct level(s) within the project structure and the organization to ensure that the project outcomes are achieved as defined, within budget and on time.
To learn more about Engineering & Operations, click here.
- Responsible for all internal and external project communication, end to end process flow, kick off calls involving all stakeholders, plus delta reviews after every project, project handoff to support, and billing verification
- Control project scope and project expectations
- Provide recommendations/solutions resulting from evaluations
- Technical project management of multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Quality documentation
- Take active participation during the RFP process and trial phase
- Lead communication and information management with Cross functional teams
- Principal investigator and problem solver
- Assist team lead in leadership, coaching, and guidance on a continuous basis to project team members in the areas of project lifecycle, operating procedures, processes and best practices.
- Clearly communicates expectations of project team members and holds team accountable to assigned deliverables.
- Monitors workload of team members and provides feedback on individual and team performance.
- Creates risk management plan to identify, analyze, monitor and respond to risks associated with the project to ensure ability to achieve expected outcomes, on time and on budget.
- Work with team to create solutions for issues identified during project.
- Leads activities required to complete project documents: project plan, project charter, scope, and project schedules.
- Concurrently lead approximately 150 small-intermediate projects per year
- Responsible for project consistency across department regardless of project type
- Undergraduate degree (preferably in a business-related field) required- Business-related graduate degree preferred.
- Two or more years enterprise project management experience preferred
- Three or more years of functional/operational experience required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification preferred.
- Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate to various levels in the organization.
- Creates an environment that motivates, inspires and respects others.
- Ability to build team cohesiveness to achieve results.
- Ability to promote a shared vision and customer focus.
- High organization and planning skills.
- Ability to self start, work independently and be versatile in a dynamic environment.
- Highly skilled at relationship building within project and across the organization.
- Ability to drive results through accountability.
- Proficient with Microsoft Project, SmartSheet, and Sharepoint
- Strong understanding of team dynamics
- Demonstrated experienced in the creation of external release quality documentation; ability to develop such documents concurrent with other job responsibilities
- Obtains appropriate level of approval for all project documentation and/or sub teams assigned to ensure appropriate understanding of expectations among all stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of and applies principles, practices and procedures of NISC and Professional Project Management.
- Commitment to NISC Statement of Shared Values
- Bachelor degree in related technical / business areas. Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required.