Professional Services Specialist - MDM & AMILake St. Louis, MO
NISC is seeking a person to join our Professional Services Division and implement and support projects that allow utilities to utilize Smart Grid solutions. We are looking for someone to manage this role with both our Meter Data Management and Automated Meter Infrastructure offerings. We are looking for someone who have a strong customer focus, enjoys learning new things, can manage basic projects, and are willing to support and learn from others on a team.
- Has a high level of Member/Customer interaction to support the projects
- Works with customers to determine expectations, timelines, and meet deadlines
- Perform software implementation/configuration for Member/Customers
- Manage and update the implementation projects using standard project plans
- Provide application support and training to customers on function and usage of product via the telephone, e-mail, web conference, or on-site (infrequent)
- Works closely with the conversion team and team’s software engineers in resolving issues.
- Validate and verify the accuracy of the imported or converted information
- Provides product and process feedback to improve quality or reduce costs
- Support a team environment where everyone learns from each other
- Reports to a Professional Services Team Lead.
- Generally requires 2 - 5 years of product usage or support/implementation background
- Working knowledge of other integrated Utility industry applications and services
- Working knowledge of Project Management processes and theory
- Understanding/experience of basic utility billing information or Meter Data Management (MDMS) including AMI meter readings for electric, water, or gas is considered a plus.
- Understanding of office applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal, nonverbal, written and interpersonal communication skills whether in person, via email or telephone
- Excellent presentation and training skills
- Excellent research and problem solving skills, strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently while concurrently organizing and prioritizing work load
- Commitment to NISC’s Statement of Shared Values