Support Specialist - Telecom E&O SupportMandan, ND; Cedar Rapids, IA; Shawano, WI
Would you like to build a career with a company who stresses the importance of solid relationships and presents a challenging work load? NISC is ranked in ComputerWorld’s Best Places to Work survey for fourteen consecutive years and we are looking for a qualified individual to join our Telecom E&O Support team. Become part of a team that is responsible for providing exceptional customer service via the telephone and e-mail, while supporting NISC Member/Customers in their use of NISC’s Switchtalk application. This highly motivated person will assist customers in all aspects of application support including troubleshooting, training, and on-going support.
Supporting the SwitchTalk2 application - SwitchTalk2 is NISC's auto-provisioning application, which provides provisioning and auditing capabilities from NISC to various switches, television head ends, access software, and other third party software applications.
- Provides superior customer support to internal and external customers in all encounters.
- Facilitate and follow up with Member/Customers on difficult requests and procedures.
- Conveys customer feedback to product development staff as appropriate.
- Identify gaps in features and functionality in software and oversee resolution.
- Performs research of difficult application problems, resolves issues for Member/Customers and recommends changes or enhancements as directed.
- May prepare materials and deliver Member Information Conference (MIC) sessions.
- May be called upon to assist in other support areas.
- May be called upon to participate on design teams regarding application enhancements.
- May be called upon to participate in testing of new product development or enhancements.
- May be required to travel to customer sites.
- Perform on-site training or deliver remote application training to Member/Customers via Web Tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong PC skills with focus on Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access.
- Excellent research and problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and training skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to travel as often as necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the position.
- Basic programming skills a plus
- Commitment to NISC’s Statement of Shared Values.
Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science, MIS, IS, Business Administration, or technical degree is preferred.
Minimum Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees must be able to see, speak, and hear, to operate computer keyboards or office equipment, and are required to stand, walk, and sit.